Sat, Jul 30|
Embody Your Vision - IN PERSON
We are bringing Embody Your Vision IN PERSON to Sonoma, CA! What is it like to practice small but empowering movements in order to bring your vision to life?
Time & Location
Jul 30, 2022, 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM PDT
Sonoma, 17366 Sonoma Hwy, Sonoma, CA 95476, USA
About the Event
The intention of this event is to invite people to be together and get creative. It's as simple as that.
What to expect:
- We will be gathering at Lauren D Studios in Sonoma CA for three hours.
- The first hour will be led by Siobhan Diores, a full-spectrum doula and reiki practitioner, who will guide us through a reiki session so that we may collectively set our intention and ground ourselves in our bodies.
- The second hour will be guided by Liz Fanora Jones, a local singer/songwriter and music educator. She will lead us in an empowering writing and singing session as a group.
- The third and final hour will be guided by Mitzi Magdaleno, a creative coach, multi-medium artist, and founder of The Creative Spark. She will create space for us to move and dance so that our bodies can begin the process of embodiment, allowing our bodies to recognize joy.
- There will be a videographer who will capture our mini "performance" for those who feel comfortable being recorded. This will be our collective keepsake.
Who is this for? This is for you if these questions bring something up in you.
- Do you want space to spend hours in your creativity?
- Are you a creative or an artist but have recently felt like you are stuck with no motivation?
- Do you live creativity or art but don't feel comfortable calling yourself an artist?
- Do you want to have a day to step away from the monotonous day-to-day?
- Is there a project that you have been sitting with but haven't been able to take to the next step?
- Do you want to be in community with other people?
- Have you recently been feeling disconnected from the things you do in your day-to-day?
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to write a song or do a dance?
- Have you ever wondered what a reiki session is like?
About our guides/facilitators:
Liz Fanora Jones (she/her):
With 25+ years of musical experience, 19+ years of teaching experience & over 60,000 collected channel views on YouTube, acoustic pop rock empowerment singer/songwriter & music educator Liz Fanora Jones is inspired to work towards a world full of joy, creativity & inclusivity.
She feels that through teaching and making music, she is able to successfully carry out her life purpose: to use her unique optimism and imagination to teach people of all ages, write & share original empowerment music, and to make people smile and laugh in order to make the world a better place. Liz is based in Sonoma, CA but also offers music lessons to people all over the planet online.
Siobhan Diores (sha-VON, she/they) is a fullspectrum doula and reiki practitioner raised and rooted in so-called San Francisco, CA. In addition to supporting people through their reproductive journeys, she facilitates virtual and local spaces that foster holistic personal development, relationship building, and community healing. Her work is influenced by her personal pregnancy experiences, Filipino and Irish ancestral traditions, and desire to live in a world of radical love and reproductive liberation.
Mitzi Magdaleno (she/her) is a creative entrepreneur, multi-medium artist, and creative/business coach. She spent the first 15 years of her professional life in San Francisco Bay Area focusing on youth, women, and staff empowerment in organizations like the YMCA and Mission Girls. Empowerment often included dance, art, and music in order to support healing for the people she worked with. She began producing collaborative art and culture events at Neck of the Woods in San Francisco and then Alena Museum in Oakland. Her passion for art and music (and the impact she saw from it) led her to start The Creative Spark LLC. In 2019 she decided to be a committed co-conspirator with Check Your Privilege, making sure to do anti-racism work in community. She has focused her skills to nurture partnerships, entrepreneurship, innovation, and business development. She supports people and organizations to get to their vision by giving them the creative tools and space to come up with human-centered solutions. She loves using tools like painting, writing, and dancing to get to the root of the matter. She believes that true global healing will occur when all spaces incorporate these creative tools.
This ticket includes 1 entry.$111.00
Embodiment + Sponsorship
This ticket includes one ticket for yourself and allows for tickets to be provided for community members that are seeking support to purchase a ticket.$222.00
Contribution (NOT A TICKET)
The Creative Spark is built on the core belief that creativity is valuable. Your contribution will support growing our events, allowing us to continue to bring guides, and making it fun with community photographers and creatives.$55.00